Firefox 8 beta comes with some improvements to tabs management that allows you to choose which tab to load first when your tabs are restored. It also includes Twitter integration in the search box which allows you to search for terms and users through the social network as shown in the screenshot above.
Firefox 8 beta features:
- Enhanced control of add-ons: Users will receive a one-time notification to review and confirm third party add-ons they want to keep, disable or delete. When Firefox starts and finds that a third-party program has installed an add-on, Firefox will disable the add-on until the user has explicitly opted in, giving users better control over their Web experience.
- CORS for WebGL textures: Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) enables Web developers to load textures from other domains for WebGL in a secure way.
- WebSockets updates: Firefox now prevents the use of plaintext WebSockets when created from an SSL page, which improves security for users.
- HTML5 Native Right Click Menu: Web developers can now add items directly to the Firefox right click menu using simple HTML5 markup.
- HTML5 media elements: Developers can add a lot of video and audio elements to a website without impacting performance
You can get the beta version directly from the official site.
Download Firefox 8 beta