Facebook for BlackBerry v2.0 has been available in the beta zone for a few weeks now, and today RIM has issued another refresh of the popular social networking application. Version 2.0 brings along a new UI for the app as well as Facebook chat and more.
The refreshed version is available today for enrolled Beta Zone members. Features include:
- Support for BlackBerry OS 5.0 – The beta app now supports BlackBerry smartphones with BlackBerry OS 5 and above.
- Facebook Chat Enhancements
- Know when a friend is typing a message by the visual cue of “is typing a message”
- Filter Online Contacts to quickly find a specific friend and start a Chat message.
- Mutual Friends and Friends List – Discover which friends you have in common with other users via the Info tab on Profiles (dependent on Privacy Settings of the user).
- Enhanced integration with BlackBerry native apps – Click on PINs, Phone Numbers, and email addresses displayed in Wall posts, messages or the Info tab, to perform the respective action (e.g., place a call) or save the information to your BlackBerry Contacts application
The new version can be found in the BlackBerry Beta Zone today