All those HTC users who still have not installed Android 4.3 on their smart device, here’ssome good news for them. Today we are going to tell you how to Install Android 4.3 on HTC one in some simple and easy steps.
The implementation is just for HTC One – please don’t attempt it on other Android devices since that may brick your device and render it useless.
Please proceed with this tutorial on your own consent; we are not liable for any loss or damage caused.
Requirements to install HTC One to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean CM 10.2:
- As during the flashing process complete wipe will be required so do not forget to Backup your important data from your HTC One.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Most importantly your device must be unlocked, rooted and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM or install ROM Manager from Google Play Store [https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager].
- Your HTC One must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Before starting Installation you need to download some important files. Files are given below.
- Download the CM 10.2 unofficial ROM zip for HTC One from here[http://get.cm/] and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Place it in your download or root folder, either is fine.
o Please note that this is a custom rom and the Cyanogen Mod 10.2 is based of Android Jelly Beans 4.3.
- Also download the Google Apps Package for HTC One [Android 4.3] from this link[http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps OR http://www.teamandroid.com/gapps/].
- You may also try out http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2384098 for the above mentioned tools
Step by step instructions to overhaul HTC One to Android 4.3 JB Cm10.2 custom ROM:
- Using a USB cable connect your HTC One to your computer and copy both the zip files to your smart phone’s internal memory card.
- After disconnecting the USB cord switch off your smartphone.
- Boot it into HBOOT mode.
- Next perform a Nandroid reinforcement of your present OS; imperative go to return once more to current state. Head off to Backup > reinforcement and restore on CWM.
- Now wipe data: from CWM recovery mode, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache (located in Advanced).
- To flash the CM 10.2 unofficial custom ROM for HTC One, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sd – card. Locate the CM 10.2 Android 4.3 zip and confirm the flashing process. The ROM installation process will take several minutes, so be patient.
- Once the rom has finished installing, head back to the folder where Gapps (Google Apps) is saved. Click on Gapps and select Yes to install. [follow the above mentioned step for Gapps package installation on your HTC One Android device]
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your device into the CM 10.2 unofficial custom OS. First boot takes a good few minutes so kindly be patient.
Guest post By Umair Masood from TodayonTech.com