We are all anticipation the Apple’s next genertation iPhones announcement to the point we are counting the days and hours. Apple fans everywhere are more excited than ever what next months has in stock for iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S. However, there is still a question in the air that has not yet been answered.
Will Apple announce the iPhone 5? Or will they announce the iPhone 4S? Or will they be announcing both? If so what is the difference and what will customers go for? There are so many similar questions being asked and everyone is waiting for any answer. All that we have been able to get so far are estimation and guesses as to what is going to happen, and we have been updating you with everything we hear.
We have recently read that Mashable has published an interesting infographic, courtesy of AYTM and PaidViewpoint, about what they think people will upgrade to whether its the iPhone 4S or the iPhone 5. A study was conducted of 1,000 US iPhone owners at the age of 18 years old and older. When we looked at the results of this study we found some interesting facts about the iPhone users that are intending to upgrade their phones this fall. Some of these results are:
- More than 75% of iPhone owners are still on AT&T.
- More than 80% of iPhone owners are still locked to one carrier.
- 11.7% of iPhones on AT&T and Verizon are jailbroken.
- Nearly 80% of iPhone owners still enjoy a grandfathered unlimited 3G data plan.
- The iPhone is mostly used for texting.
- The most important reason people want to upgrade to a new iPhone is for better battery life.
- A redesigned iPhone is the least wanted feature for the iPhone 5.
- Almost of half of the current iPhone owners have plans to upgrade within six months of the next iPhone’s release.