Hot news : The BigBoss has released an iOS 5 Semi-Tethered Jailbreak.
Firstly What’s Semi-Tethered Jailbreak ?
iOS 5 semi-tethered jailbreak : similar to an untethered jailbreak but actually 99% of your jailbreak related apps and tweaks won’t work at all.
Yes you can reboot your device no computer needing to (Just Tethered Boot) option .
Supported Devices :
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 3GS New Bootrom
- iPad 1
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G
Unsupported Devices :
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2
2) Can use every other stock app on iphone.
3) Cannot use mobile safari
4) Can use other appstore web browsers such as atomic web browser
5) Cannot use mail app. You could install a gmail app from appstore or such instead.
6) You cannot use any jailbreak tweak, app, cydia until you boot tethered.
7) While in the semitether booted state, you should not add a jailbreak ios5 notification such as sbsettings to notifications during this state or your device will be stuck in a respring loop until you get home to “boot tethered”.
How to get Semi-Tethered jailbreak ?
STEP 2: Once jailbroken, open Cydia then tap on Manage > Sources.
STEP 3: Press Edit then write : ( http://thebigboss.org/semitether ) then click Add Source .
Now tap on Edit from the upper right of the screen then add and write down the following repository:
STEP 4: Search for SemiTether, install it then reboot your device.
STEP 5: Since it’s still tethered, you’ll need to make just tethered boot from redsn0w.
STEP 6: Once done with the tethered boot, you’ll be able to reboot your device without being stuck on Apple logo. 😉
Big thanks To Ahmed Omar From Cydia Help .
we are waiting your questions for Semi-Tethered Jailbreak below …
UPDATE: SemiTether has been updated to fix some issues.
I updated to 0.7.9. This version will take about 90 seconds after it first boots up and then your device will respring again. This timing was the only way to get some of the launch daemons to properly relaunch.
SemiTether 0.7.9 should fix issues for some of you where:
1) Device does not sync with itunes and only errors. Hopefully solved.
2) Device reboots after 2-3 minutes.