Early this week, Apple Store has released the official list of top 10 paid iPhone apps for the week ending September 24, 2012. This will give you a sneak peek of the top 5 with the other 5 to follow soon:
1. WhatsApp Messenger (WhatsApp Inc.) – The first to top the list is this cross-platform mobile messaging app that enables users to send and receive text messages without having to pay for SMS charges. With an instant connection among phones like iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Windows Phone and Nokia, this free messaging app continues to soar even higher.
2. Emoji 2 – 300 + New Emoticons and Symbols (Appmosys) – Picture characters like the smiling face, pouting face and all the other faces are called Emoji in Japanese. Some Emojis made are distinctively applicable to Japanese culture like the bowing of men which is innately Jap and some groups of Emoji showing popular Jap foods like the ramen and sushi. However, thanks to iPhone and Windows Phone 7 line, these emoticons can be easily used without a Japanese operator providing it.
3. Wipeout (Activision Publishing, Inc.) – The hit ABC television series, Wipeout is taking the iPhone market by storm, landing the spot of No. 3 in the top 10 list. It is a remarkable and nerve-racking and challenging obstacle iOS game for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
4. Words with Friends (Zynga) – The popular maker of Facebook games like Farmville, Fishville and Petville has acquired the Texas mobile gaming company Newtoy in 2010 and since then, Zynga has also conquered iPhone gaming with their Words with Friends’ social mobile gaming. Players are made to accomplish the highest scoring words while playing against family and friends. Landing on top 5, Words With Friends is still a sure hit!
5. Minecraft – Pocket edition (Mojang) – Developed by Aron Nieminen of Mojang AB, Minecraft-Pocket Edition is the mobile version of Minecraft which is made famous in PC and Xbox. Building virtual realities out of sand-box like environment is still making waves, thus garnering the Top 5 spot.